the last few days.

I have spent the last 4 days being really sick. All of this culminated in a trip to the ER in the middle of last night. I literally woke up screaming at 2 in the morning with severe upper abdominal pain. I’ve dealt with migraines and ovarian cysts for years. This pain trumped those issues NO PROBLEM. I couldn’t stand up at all and could barely breathe. All my body could manage was to vomit repeatedly, and it took all of my strength to make it from the bed to the bathroom. Travis managed to keep his cool and get a nightgown and shoes on me and a shirt and jeans on himself. Luckily, the hospital is a mile down the street from our apartment.

I’ve been to the ER in the before thanks to those aforementioned issues. In fact, this was my second trip to this hospital since moving here in August. The first was when I got 2nd degree burns all over my hand on my birthday, but that’s another story. This trip was different right off the bat. They immediately moved me upstairs to Labor and Delivery, hooked me up to a contraction monitor, and got the doppler ready. Once the pain began to subside, I could feel Sylvie moving around like crazy. They found her heartbeat right away, and she kicked the nurse’s hand when she placed it on my stomach. Clearly, Sylvie was fine.

After an hour strapped to the monitor without a single contraction, they unhooked me and let me rest a little. A lab technician came up and drew a few vials of blood and I gave a urine sample. Both of those came back totally normal. The doctor decided it was probably just severe stomach cramps, which were exacerbated by my GERD and the fact that I had been sick with a killer stomach virus for the last three days. We were back home and in bed by 5:00 in the morning.

I can’t even begin to tell you how scary it was to be in that wing of the hospital at 21 weeks. All I kept thinking, over and over, was, It’s not time for this yet. The upside of all of this was our nurse. She was fantastic. She reassured me, talked me through everything that was happening, and kept me laughing. I cannot say enough good things about her. I hope to see her again in August when it comes time for us to meet our little girl.

It was quite the scare, but I am happy to report that I feel much better today. Sylvie is kicking away as I type this, and the 3 of us are tired, but in good spirits. I just want to relax for the rest of the night and snuggle up between my man** and my pup. Goodnight.

Vote For Us @!

**By the way, what a man he is! Throughout the whole ordeal, he stayed calm and collected. He was amazing, as usual. I am so blessed to call him my husband.


11 responses to “the last few days.

  1. Oh my goodness! I’m so glad you are both okay!

  2. Oh my gosh, I was on edge this entire post. I am SO glad that everything is okay and that Slyvie is still doing well. Also very happy that you are feeling better as well. It’s no fun being sick when you are so pregnant!

    Thanks for stopping by and voting so often…I really, really hope you win the Panda!!

    • Haha. Thanks! I hope I win the panda, too! I vote for your blog because I like it. I voted often before the giveaway. 🙂

  3. Wow- scary!
    I am very very relieved to know you are fine.

    Have you ever had your gall-bladder checked?

  4. Geez! Glad you’re all OK.

  5. Wow, I was like clutching the arm of my chair as I read this. It brought me back to the day I landed in the ER and miscarried 😦
    I’m SO glad both you & Silvie are healthy and fine 🙂

    • Thanks so much. We were very fortunate that it was nothing quite so serious. I can’t even imagine what you’ve gone through.

  6. I am so glad to hear that you and Sylvie are ok…i know that must have been really scary for you.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s