sylvie has been teething for quite some time now. however, we’re still waiting for her first tooth to show itself. in the meantime, we’re handling it with the help of various teethers, hyland’s teething gel, and the occasional bedtime dose of infant tylenol.
our current arsenal:
1. razbaby raz-berry teether
2. bpa free, water filled plastic teether (i don’t remember the brand of this one)
3. baby banana bendable training toothbrush
4. the ever popular sophie the giraffe
5. hand carved wooden teether (a gift from my dear friend, emily)
6. infantino vibrating grape teether
today we added a new item to our lineup–homemade teething biscuits.
the stegosauruses (i totally had to look up the plural of that word) are sweet curry and the manatees are cinnamon vanilla flavored. they were so incredibly easy to make.
TEETHING BISCUIT RECIPE
1/2 cup organic whole wheat flour
1/2 organic brown rice cereal
1 and 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
a dash of whatever flavoring (if any) you wish to use
1. preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2 in a medium bowl mix together flour, rice cereal, and flavoring.
3. slowly stir in the canola oil.
4. add the ice water 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough forms into a ball (it took about 6-7 tablespoons for me).
5. dust your work surface with flour and knead the dough a few times to toughen it up.
6. flour your rolling pin and roll out the dough until it’s 1/2 inch thick.
7. cut into shapes and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
this recipe makes approximately 6 biscuits. leave them out overnight to harden. they will keep in an airtight container for 2 weeks. i just made them tonight, so we’ll have to wait until tomorrow to test one. i tasted the dough and it wasn’t too bad. i’m also going to try freezing half of a banana for her to gum on. i hope these teeth start to break through soon! on the other hand, i’m going to miss her gummy smile. watching her grow is so bittersweet sometimes.