my etsy shop!
if you like what you see, please click this icon to vote for us!
- RT @Seinfeld2000: Pope Your Enthusiasm https://t.co/joAC3sk5oe 16 hours ago
- Catharsis and whatnot. https://t.co/XUscZNSuKo 1 day ago
- Wrestlemania on the @bernadineshtx patio. 🤼♂️ https://t.co/choBnFqCgm 1 day ago
- Also a surefire concept for a restaurant. 1 day ago
- "Rock n Roll McDonald's" seems like the only appropriate song today. 1 day ago
ask me anything!
recently on don’t worry baby:
the wayback machine!
- 3 months 5 months 6 weeks 10 weeks 11 weeks 12 weeks 16 weeks 24 weeks anniversary art auggie baby baby clothes baby shower belly button blogs books boy breastfeeding bump watch cara changing table colic cravings crib crochet cupcakes date night dear baby dear sylvie drawing due date etsy family food food aversions formspring friends gallbladder girl hair hair color hair cut hat heartbeat iphone johnny cash labor labor signs love maternity clothes morning sickness music natural childbirth nursery onesies pain pennsylvania pictures recipes sick sylvie thank you the gallstone gourmet top baby blogs toys travel travis ultrasound video videos wardrobe wednesday work your first pictures youtube
Tag Archives: art
allie at it’s a wonderful life received the H i drew for her adorable son, henry! i’m so happy with the way it turned out and i can’t wait to work on more commissions for people. i am currently finishing up an E for a little girl named ella. to get your own, please visit my etsy shop! now that i only have 3 shifts standing between me and stay-at-home-mommyhood i will have plenty of time to work on more pieces before sylvie’s arrival. i love to draw and it has always been my dream to be able to make a living from my work. thank you for helping me turn my dream into a reality. i have the best readers!
i finished sylvie’s drawing this afternoon! i’m pretty happy with how it turned out. it’s really nice to have someone to draw things for.
and some detail shots:
so, i’m thinking about starting up a small etsy shop to sell some of my illustrations. my eventual goal is to be able to contribute to our household finances through freelance work alone. for a sampling of some of my other work, click HERE. my question for you, dear readers, is this: would you patronize my shop? please leave a comment with your honest answer. i’d love to hear what you have to say, especially if you have an etsy shop of your own! all advice is welcome. thanks!!
this is what travis is working on:
that’s right! he is putting sylvie’s beautiful crib together as i type this. i can’t wait to see it when he finishes!
this is what i am working on:
since i am now too cumbersome to help with the construction of her crib, i’ve decided to work on a drawing for her.
i really can’t imagine a better saturday night!
we got home from travis’ painting critique not too long ago. people said a lot of different things, some of which i agreed with and some of which was way off base. i think i’ll let his work speak for itself.
i am in awe of my husband everyday, not only for his talent but for his dedication to his craft. he has a needy wife, a baby on the way and a job, yet he finds time to go to his studio almost everyday. he’s awesome. plain and simple.
honestly, i don’t have much to write about today. i spent most of the day sleeping, lounging, and feeling a little bit under the weather. so i thought i would take this opportunity to post some pictures of my husband’s paintings. i’ve posted a few examples of my work (you can can see more here), so i think it’s only fair i show you some of his. a lot of these pictures are older (october or november), and if you’re friends with me on facebook, you’ve probably seen them before. i haven’t spent as much time in his studio lately due to the abundance of chemicals that i shouldn’t be around right now. anyway. without further ado, here are some of his paintings!
our different approaches to art is yet another example of the certain yin and yang element in our relationship. he likes to paint from life–landscapes, portraits, still life, etc. i like to draw monsters, hybrid creatures, and anything else i can pull out of my head. his style is softer, mine is graphic and hard-edged. his chosen materials are paint, charcoal, and pencil, while i prefer pen, markers, and colored pencil. i like that we’re different in a lot of ways. it keeps everything interesting. i could never be with someone who is just like me.