my etsy shop!
if you like what you see, please click this icon to vote for us!
- Your favorite Beatle says a lot about you. Mine's Ringo. 🐙 1 day ago
- My favorite form of self-care is wearing headphones everywhere I go. 1 day ago
- Ok. We need to talk about how impeccable the music is at Dwight and Angela's wedding reception. @theofficenbc 6 days ago
- Thin Lizzy is an underrated band. 1 week ago
- RT @HistoryInPix: This list of reasons for admission to a lunatic asylum in the 1800s reads like a list of potential metal band names. http… 1 week ago
ask me anything!
recently on don’t worry baby:
the wayback machine!
- 3 months 5 months 6 weeks 10 weeks 11 weeks 12 weeks 16 weeks 24 weeks anniversary art auggie baby baby clothes baby shower belly button blogs books boy breastfeeding bump watch cara changing table colic cravings crib crochet cupcakes date night dear baby dear sylvie drawing due date etsy family food food aversions formspring friends gallbladder girl hair hair color hair cut hat heartbeat iphone johnny cash labor labor signs love maternity clothes morning sickness music natural childbirth nursery onesies pain pennsylvania pictures recipes sick sylvie thank you the gallstone gourmet top baby blogs toys travel travis ultrasound video videos wardrobe wednesday work your first pictures youtube
Tag Archives: music
lullaby renditions of johnny cash by hushabye baby (but i bought my copy from itunes for way cheaper).
i don’t have much to say tonight. last week was gross, but this one is looking better. things are looking up for old sara hinkle.
in lieu of a regular post this evening, i will share some songs that always get my monday mornings started off right!
first, a classic:
second, a favorite:
third, mr. ben folds:
fourth, a guaranteed smile-inducer:
fifth, another favorite:
i think that’s enough for now. what songs never fail to put a big, fat smile on your face?
ladies and gentleman, meet merton. he is my new favorite youtube personality. he hangs out on chatroulette and plays improv piano songs about the random people/creeps in encounters on the chance program. piano nerds and technology? in the immortal words of liz lemon, I WANT TO GO TO THERE. warning: the following videos contain some cursing.
this is ben folds’ tribute to merton, which he perfomed live at his concert in charlotte, north carolina:
ben folds has long been one of my favorite musicians. my older brother got me hooked on him when i was 9, and i’ve been a huge fan ever since. that’s almost 16 years of unconditional love right there.
i know this post is in no way baby related, but this made my day yesterday, and i felt i had to share.
yesterday marked 14 weeks and my official transition into the second trimester! this week our little baby is the size of a lemon. HOLY HECK THAT SEEMS SO BIG TO ME! i’m really looking forward to feeling movement in there. i think i may have felt a first little flutter the other day, but i’m not sure. it felt like a brief little flutter, like butterfly wings. soon enough i’ll be wide awake at night while this little one kicks away!
i’ve been feeling a little under the weather lately. i think my morning sickness, which had all but disappeared, is back for the time being. this is disappointing, to say the least. oh well. chin up! at least the round ligament pain i experienced yesterday did not resurface today. that was worse than any amount of vomiting/nausea.
as you can probably tell, i’ve experienced basically every common physical symptom of pregnancy. from vomiting to fatigue to pain, i’ve had them all. fortunately, i have been emotionally stable. i did not expect this. i cry at the drop of a hat when not pregnant, but have only had a couple irrational crying jags so far. of course, one of those was last night, right after i got done bragging to travis about my emotional stability. ho hum. however, this version of this song never fails to elicit a few tears:
stay tuned for a new bump picture tomorrow!